- Job Level:
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst who will be responsible for the maintenance, management, and enhancement of software products that are used within the Group.
Our client is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 550,000 patients in 43 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties.
- Project Activity: Collaborate with Department users to define business requirements; Translate business requirements into design options, including pros/cons of options; Create design specifications which will best outline the scope of the project; Code and test the deliverables.
- Report Development: Responsible for working with requestor to define report requirements and specifications; Develop reports; Complete data validation and quality assurance; Deliver report to requestor.
- Support and Maintenance: Responsible for managing an issues queue; Research potential solutions to issues by leveraging the vendor, internal peers, and external peers; Troubleshoot issues which include research and analysis to determine root cause and resolution; document findings and update ticket management application; Function in a Level 2 capacity, where the Help Desk is Level 1 and the Vendor is Level 3; Develop supporting documentation to be utilized by peers or Help Desk to improve first call resolution; Provide off-hour support according to assigned schedule.
- Analytical Skills: Be proficient in department workflow and analyze opportunities to improve by using process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean or Six Sigma); Collaborate with IT team(s) to review issues or project work to ensure that all parties are aware and can contribute to a single solution; Communicate with departments and users to ensure clarity of objective, status or resolution; Develop a solution to issues or project work within the tool set in NextGen; Provide end users with training on proposed solutions to ensure that they appreciate the correlation between functionality and workflow; Prepare documentation which supports a change and a knowledge base for other analysts to utilize; Ability to troubleshoot issues using SQL queries, stored procedures or any other available tool.
- Quality Assurance: Develop and execute comprehensive test matrix to ensure all functionality and workflows are tested appropriately; Develop test scripts (unit, system and integrated); Execute test scripts; Document identified issues; Resolve issues or escalate issues to other resources, firm or vendor; document resolution or work-around activities.
- Vendor Management: Manage issues assigned to a vendor; review and analyze impact of release notes; evaluate vendor issue notifications to determine impact to business; Participate in NextGen vendor training to enhance skills and knowledge – this may include off-site training at NextGen locations.
- Meetings: Responsible for preparing and participating in any required meetings (status, workshops, and management); It is the expectation that all participants are prepared and ready to contribute to the conversation.
- Adhere to all change management procedures.
- Perform al
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program is required.
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the area of Information Technology is required; Healthcare Information Technology experience is preferred.
- Clinical Ambulatory Experience is preferred.
- Strong analytic business skills are required.
- Demonstrable skill and experience in starting and completing assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong and demonstrable SQL Skills are required.
- Knowledge and use of workflow tools (e.g., Visio).
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and schedule activities is required.
- Good written and oral communications skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
No H1B transfers, C2C or OTP available at this time