Long Term Contract
- Job Level:
$95.00 - $105.00/hr
We are currently looking for someone to fill an opening we have in Chicago, IL as a Java/J2EE Developer. This is a long-term contract that allows the Developer to work with a team of other hard working individuals. As the Java/J2EE Developer for the financial services firm, your role will involve building core technology for US Equities Front Office Applications.
- Building core technology for US Equities Front Office Applications.
- The individual will be spending 90% of time performing direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, and support.
- The successful candidate will be a ‘hands-on’ developer working within a small focused team with exposure to Equity personnel.
- The development team is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment.
- As a result, the candidate will need to be highly committed, and be able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.
- Finally, a successful senior developer will project a strong sense of ownership of their system and will continually strive to improve it.
- They will be proactive about addressing any deficiencies, risks and stability problems by helping to develop & refine software, tools, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Four years Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in core Java.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with data structures, algorithms, and network programming using Java NIO.
- Minimum of 5 years extensive development expertise in high performance, high availability, high throughput, high capacity, yet low latency, transaction-oriented, distributed system, preferably in a financial environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with order management systems or order state handling.
- Minimum of 8 years experience with development on a Unix and/or Linux environment.
- In the case of clearly exceptional candidates, some elements of the above will be flexible.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to explain concepts and ideas clearly and concisely to both business and development personnel.