Supply Chain Coordinator
- Job Level:
$79,000.00 - $83,000.00
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator for a direct hire in Danbury, CT for a very well-known company within the area. Focusing on defense technology, our client develops, manufactures, and supports a broad range of systems that are critical within their industry.
- The Supply Chain Analyst provides critical support to the Proposal Development Team in the area of materials estimating and procurement.
- Responsible for the accurate, complete and timely submission of material quotes and in response to government and commercial request for proposals (RFPs).
- Ensure all material quotes are competitively bid, are current and accurate at time of proposal submission to government and/or commercial customers.
- Identify customer furnished equipment.
- Identify similar components for the consolidated price.
- Incorporate any engineering changes to BOM to ensure capture of all required components.
- Identify opportunities to consolidate requisitions to obtain leverage pricing.
- Determine best price quote based on competitive bid analysis.
- Collaborate with Purchasing Department on procurement plans and strategy to obtain best and most competitive price.
- Ensure Small Business involvement in bid process.
- Provide a copy of the final Subcontracting Plan to Purchasing Department.
- Estimate price for supply items and hardware cost based on PO history and current projects.
- Ensure the appropriate contract flow-downs are identified and passed onto Purchasing.
- Interact with Program Management on Program Cost issues identified during the material quote process.
- Monitor target costs against proposal costs.
- Advise Planning, Engineering, and Contracts of changes in prices that may be cost-prohibitive or delivery lead times that could be detrimental to production cycles.
- Obtain any cost data from suppliers in compliance with TINA threshold requirements.
- Compare and analyze current proposal to prior quotes for same or similar products, providing bridge pricing analysis as needed.
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values, and culture of the Company.
- Ensure all quoting data is included, in chronological order, in the Proposal Folder on the Systems network.
- Ensure all Buyers have access to the data in the Proposal Folder.
- BS degree in supply chain management or equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of (2) years proposal experience in defense, aerospace or technology industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in purchasing, supply chain and proposal estimating development in response to RFPs.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, DoD regulations with specific emphasis on the Truth In Negotiations Act.
- Exceptional organizational and time management.