Our client is a leader in the defense industry. They are currently in need of an experienced Quality Engineer. As the Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements and product deliverable schedules. You will also provide leadership and mentoring to junior Engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements.
- Develops, maintain and deploys quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into planned activities.
- Performs analyses of program requirements and prepares responsive quality plans, procedures, schedules, and resource allocations to assure optimum quality support.
- Reviews and approves engineering/test and contractor documentation and provides input to assure that appropriate quality requirements are addressed.
- Provides ongoing quality system support to include performing internal audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions.
- Leads product quality improvement teams, Material Review Boards and participates in Failure Review Boards.
- Evaluates and dispositions nonconforming material.
- Provides technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, specifying appropriate sampling plans, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials.
- Leads in resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues.
- Assists in developing and deploying SPC initiatives.
- Participates in supplier selection and improvement processes Responsibilities include leading with on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions.
- Analyzes and executes projects independently.
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer, as required.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on critical supplier selections and drives supplier continuous improvement processes Responsibilities include leading on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions.
- Leads and executes customer quality program requirements.
- Develops and generates statistical reports on inspection activities and results, new product or process testing results, etc. and recommends action as required.
- Establishes programs to evaluate the precision and accuracy of production and processing equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical facilities.
- Considers financial impacts of quality process controls and inspections.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization.
Experience & Skills Required
- Working knowledge of Commercial Nuclear safety standards is preferred.
- Experienced with Commercial Grade Dedication Plans and verification is preferred.
- Experienced with Software Validation & Verification process is preferred.
- First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) & Qualification experience.
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) experience.