Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$100.00 - $130.00/hr.
Infrastructure and Security Engineering is a group-wide function which ensures integrated, secure and risk-aware IT operations by offering best fit, easy to leverage, reliable, and cost-effective security services, tools, processes and expertise across all business groups. The Software Engineer will be working closely with stakeholders in the United States on Service Modernization and Technology Obsolescence programs. Furthermore, they will be helping the company move forward with the convergence of two client-facing authentication systems in the Americas region.
- Work in a global team and act as a Technical Specialist for assigned software products, especially around Web Access Management, Single Sign-On.
- Making a strong contribution to the design of the system.
- Act as a subject matter expert for our service offerings
- Working with the user community to define, demonstrate and refine new functionality.
- Educate and guide Service Delivery and Testing Team staff on system architectures, project detail and timelines.
- Analyze problems and provide technical investigation of support queries escalated by the global support team to engineering team.
- Degree in a Computer Science related discipline or equivalent
Experience & Skills Required
- 10+ years of experience in application development.
- Financial / Banking Industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of design patterns and best practices within the design and development lifecycle
- Experience in defining and applying technology related standards, process and governance
- A solid background in IT engineering with a specialization in IT security services / Single Sign-On technologies
- Design & Implementation experience in CA API Gateway, CA Siteminder and LDAP.
- Expert in Unix shell Scripting. Experience in Perl script is a plus
- Good understanding of Network Topology (Load balancers, Proxies, Gateway, high availability configuration)
- Good development experience in Core Java/J2EE. Experience in Web Services development (SOAP/REST), JDBC and Database concepts
- A solid understanding of web-based technologies including multi-tier applications and security standards (SSL/TLS, HTTP, Cookie Handling, Web Services, Web1.0/2.0)
- Basic know-how of source control systems (GitHub), packaging on Solaris and Linux