We are currently seeking a Middle Office Analyst who will report to the company's head of business development. The Middle Office Analyst will work closely and communicate regularly with the investment team. This is a newly created role that's a part of a robust build out of support for both the business development and investment teams within a growing and entrepreneurial firm.
- Facilitating the post execution trade flow from Bloomberg, to the portfolio management system, to the proprietary risk system, including trade booking and allocation
- Reconciling holdings and profit & loss between the proprietary risk system, portfolio management system, and fund administrator
- Maintaining the VBA code for the proprietary risk system, including resolving errors and developing new features
- Assisting with the fund’s financing activity, including booking repurchase agreement activity and managing cash balances across various prime broker and margin accounts
- Supporting data aggregation, processing, and reporting across various disciplines at the firm including the investment team, the operations/accounting team, and the investor relations team
- Serving as a back-up for the existing operations professionals. This may include liaising between the fund administrator and executing brokers to resolve trade breaks, trade fails/settlement issues on T+1 and beyond to ensure proper settlement of trades
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven working experience or ability to demonstrate ability as a team player
- Proficiency with Excel (VBA proficiency is required)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Interest in and ability to learn new systems and computer applications
- Experience with basic fixed-income terminology and concepts
- Experience with Bloomberg terminal functionality