ACH Operations Manager
- Job Level:
Our client, a boutique savings bank, has an immediate opening for an ACH Operations Manager.
The ACH Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day function of the ACH unit including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for managing and monitoring ACH though multiple channels, resolving exceptions and ensuring compliance to regulation, policy and procedures.
- Ensure daily balancing of ACH.
- Process reclamations for U.S. Treasury deposits, ACH mail correspondence, trace requests, and customer research requests.
- Staying abreast of NACHA rules and other applicable regulations to ensure compliance.
- Provides requested information for annual ACH audit.
- Manage and oversee the ACH and Payment Services related functions as needed.
- Recommend changes or alternate ways in processing methods to allow improved operating efficiency and customer service.
- Researches and resolves moderately complex, operational, branch and customer issues and ensures that errors and discrepancies are resolved and appropriate follow-up is completed.
- Evaluate ACH disaster recovery procedures and perform annual testing.
- Ensures that internal personnel and external customers are promptly and professional served.
- Supports other areas within Deposit Operations as needed.
- Liaise with other areas of the Bank to ensure compliant and seamless department operations.
- Develop and maintain adequate operational procedures and systems, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements as well as established bank procedures.
- Act as point person for any system implementations or enhancements.
- Assists in special projects and tasks for the department of a diverse nature under the direction of the ACH Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of four years of related experience in ACH Operations
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) NACHA certification preferred upon hire or will be required within two to three years of employment.
- Must have strong knowledge of NACHA rules and guidelines and banking regulations.
- Must have thorough knowledge of banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Basic accounting skills to include balancing general ledger