Long Term Contract
White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
$20.00 - $22.00/hr
Expanding corporation located in the mid-Westchester area is in need of an experienced Human Resources Assistant to join their team ASAP. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain solid experience with a well-known company.
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for:
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications.
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in the interview process.
- Prescreening resumes and candidates.
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
- Preparing new employee files.
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email).
- Maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records.
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team.
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2+ years experience working as an HR Assistant in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from more than 1 person.