New Haven, CT
Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$13.00 - $14.50/hr.
We are seeking an energetic entry level Laboratory Technician for a laboratory support role. This position will be responsible for providing general laboratory support activities as directed by senior staff and management.
Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer supplying materials globally to leading commercial, municipal and academic institutions.
- Follow assigned formula to prepare stock reagents
- Weigh chemical material using an analytical balance
- Accurately measure and dilute solutions as required
- Be familiar and able to accurately calculate solution concentration (ppm, ppb, molarity, normality, % volume)
- Glassware preparation/cleaning and general lab maintenance
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and chemicals, ensure safe storage of chemicals
- Stock supplies and label containers of raw materials
- Perform equipment and temperature verifications and log daily, ensure proper working condition and cleanliness of equipment.
- Appropriately dispose of laboratory solid and liquid wastes in accordance with internal policy and Federal, State and local regulations. Adhere to all appropriate PPE and safety protocols. Maintain clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
Experience & Skills Required
- AS degree or some college level laboratory course or 1 year of related lab experience
- Excellent math skills and ability to calculate solution concentrations
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.