New York, NY
- Job Level:
The Sr. Account Analyst, reporting directly to the Controller, is responsible for all of the day accounting & payables financial statement preparation, monthly close duties, balance sheet and P&L analysis, account reconciliations, audit support and ad hoc projects as assigned. This position functions in a secured environment and requires a superior level of integrity, discretion and support driven initiative.
- Maintain the general ledger to ensure that transactions are reflected properly and in accordance with internal and external reporting formats.
- Verify that transactions comply with the company policies and procedures, e.g. match invoices with approved PO, ensure invoices are approved per the authorization matrix, etc.
- Code the invoices with the proper general ledger. Prepare and enter batches of invoices in the accounting system.
- Analyze General Ledger accounts, reports, and financial statements.
- Assist in compliance with internal controls requirements.
- Stay current on all US accounting/financial and compliance regulations and ensure that said information is transmitted to all departments relying on such data.
- Prepare process documentation, perform testing of controls.
- Assist with the implementation of new financial systems or processes.
- Assist with both internal and external audits.
- Prepare monthly various internal financial reports for presentation to Finance leadership.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Preparing/Assisting in completing account reconciliations on a monthly basis by deadline.
- Manage the tax preparation process for all business reporting efforts and work with US Finance leadership and Global Finance leadership as needed.
- Perform proper reconciliations of vendor statements, fuel cards, company credit card, etc. and research discrepancies where necessary.
- Prepare supplier credit forms for approval and maintain updated vendor files. Maintain a filing system for all AP related financial documents.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal customers regarding invoices, payments, and queries.
- Maintain the petty cash fund.
- Perform all projects and other assigned duties as necessary at the direction of the Senior Director of Finance, Controller and VP of US Operations.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years’ experience in the accounting field.
- 3 years’ experience managing fixed assets, inventory, and leasing.
- Intermediate proficiency level in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with an ERP system like PeopleSoft, Oracle, or SAP.
- Experience in a publicly traded company.
- 3 years’ experience in freight forwarding or logistics collections or customer service.