Manages the end-to-end service parts supply chain for the Americas and supports the customer service needs of our North American business partners 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They will need experience in the automotive, aerospace, and/or packaging industry. Spare parts and warehousing experience necessary. Ensure the smooth delivery of service parts and consumables to our customers 24/7 through advanced inventory planning, efficient material handling and transportation, and effective and responsive customer service for over 180,000 order lines handled yearly.
- The SCM is the operational responsibility of the offsite American Distribution Center, providing spare parts to support Company machinery at customer locations. This well-organized, customer-service oriented individual, manages inventories, procurement, warehouse operations, oversees logistics – including shipping and customs - and supervises subordinates and external logistics partners.
- The SCM understands the significance of timely and efficient processing of parts orders and works with urgency to ensure customer requests are fulfilled to their complete satisfaction. The SCM is data-driven and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement.
- The SCM will manage a team of 12 persons in planning, procurement, warehouse & logistics, from our NJ based operationsCoach and mentor the Supply Chain team to improve engagement with site technical/commercial stakeholders and to establish communication channels between the cross functional teams
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction in the professional development of direct and indirect reports Manage the department expense budgets and financial performances Develop a strong relationship with Customer Centers in NJ and Mexico, Technical Support and Manufacturing sites
- The relay of the operations for the procurement & planning strategy with internal customers and manufacturing sites Identifying and leading procurement & sourcing projects Improve on-time delivery and lead times from our vendors
- Minimize obsolescence of the stock as per budgeted provisions Maintain and develop consistent Operational KPI’s and reporting Supervise and coordinate American distribution center managed by external logistic partner Ensures product shipment integrity through all stages of product receiving, inspection, warehousing, shipment, delivery and returns Lead initiative to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality parts and consumables
- Master’s degree in an Engineering, Business or Finance field.
- Degree in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering preferred or 10+ years related experience in a supply chain function within a similar working environment