Experienced Construction Project Manager needed to assist with managing Capital Improvement and Maintenance projects. The Project Manager will perform professional, technical and administrative work managing the design and construction of buildings and maintenance related projects.
- Manages individual administrative and or construction projects from inception through completion, as assigned. Provides all direction and oversees the project through various approval processes; i.e. budgetary, land use, building permitting, etc.
- Oversees design, specifies, and supervises construction and maintenance projects involving all aspects of building trades, methods and techniques
- Meets with Building Administration to discuss impacts of project on programming and schedules work to ensure impacts are kept at a minimum
- Verifies that s.o.p.s, manuals, training as built and other project records are developed and delivered.
- Performs property inspections of both the interior and exterior of the buildings to develop and maintain a five-year capital plan of improvements.
- Performs initial evaluation of requests to determine the validity, nature and scope. Develops a preliminary solution, estimated cost, and priority.
- Supervises subordinates and contracted service providers in execution of assigned projects.
- Serves as liaison between Architects, Engineers and other consultants in planning, designing, and specifying building construction projects.
- Participates in capital planning and annual operating budget preparation.
- Delivers public presentations of a technical nature outlining programs and their estimated costs.
Experience & Skills Required
- Five years' experience as a project manager overseeing complicated facility upgrades, preferably in a school environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of State building, fire and health codes, Federal and State environmental regulations and OSHA standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, as well as industry-specific software programs.
- Demonstrated experience of preventive maintenance and experience with computerized maintenance management/work order systems.
- Must have valid driver's license.