- Job Level:
$80,000 - $125,000
We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to provide technical support for Production, including design, development, construction, and implementation of equipment or technologies under general supervision. Support for process development and process improvement efforts. The Process Engineer will evaluate, select, adapt, and modify technical procedures, and criteria. This is a growth opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to take on individual projects, work under a well-experienced leader in a collaborative environment.
- Apply an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems. Involved with interchange of information, ideas, and techniques among various departments.
- Assist with design, modification, and building of equipment or procedures necessary to meet specific project requirements and new process development. Test, repairs, maintain and modifies existing and new equipment. Check functioning of equipment and evaluates performance.
- Demonstrate and apply general understanding of engineering methods, protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation. Collect data from new product pilot and trial runs for evaluation. Interpret, execute, and coordinate engineering assignments.
- Maintain records in the form of schematics, mechanical drawings, documentary photographs, sketches, databases, and narrative reports.
- Lead capital projects up to $1MM from concept through execution
- Maintains current knowledge regarding relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Attend inter-department and engineering meetings, write reports and present to teams. Participate in prioritization of projects, new equipment installations, and equipment modifications.
- Complies with local, state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated experience with similar responsibilities
- Ability to use independent judgment to develop model concepts and approaches.
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends.
- Skill in the use of computer for technical and communication applications. Knowledge of CAD strongly preferred.
- Ability to utilize, test, maintain and modify a range of equipment and apparatus.
- Mechanical ability to build and test engineering systems and components.
- Knowledge of chemical, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, and/or environmental health standards. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Six sigma green belt certification or PMP certification preferred.