- Job Level:
Under the direction of the Anatomic Pathology Manager and the Senior VP of Laboratory Operations, the Anatomic Pathology Night Shift Lab Supervisor will be responsible for performing and managing the laboratory operations in the lab during the night shift and also be responsible for preparing microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic purposes; perform tissue stains, histology, Immunohistochemistry, and cytology procedures to assist in diagnosis; troubleshoot technical problems, testing, validations, ensure quality control, assist in selection, training and direction of staff, receive and execute all orders from Pathologist and Manager.
- Manage daily lab operations. Provide leadership, direction and administration for all departments. Manage and supervise daily workflow in the lab.
- Organize and prioritize workflow so as to maximize effectiveness of staff. Implement policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State and Local Agency regulations. Take part in the recruitment and hiring of all lab personnel.
- Manage and monitor all employee times, absences and PTO requests. Evaluate all employees according to company policies Maintain all lab inventory, equipment and service contracts.
- Perform histology tasks including but not limited to grossing, embedding, microtomy and special stains. Assist the department supervisors and manager with troubleshooting of stain, and instrumentation.
- Perform Cytology and Immunohistochemistry when required. Direct supervision of company lab aides. Write and maintain all department SOPS Work closely with Quality Manager to ensure the highest quality standards in the lab.
- Keep and maintain all quality control records. Maintain all lab statistics. Manage the validation of all new lab equipment and reagents/tests. Conduct business in a responsible manner that complies with all state, CLIA, CAP, OSHA and HIPAA regulations, or Joint Commission as applicable.
- Provide leadership in daily operations, and have employees incorporate these compliance practices into their daily routines.
- BA/BS degree in Biological/Physical sciences or an AS degree in an approved Histology Technologist Program.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role NYSED CLT lab license preferred but not required
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- Must meet CLIA requirements