- Processing incoming materials; monitoring and maintaining inventory. Inspecting data on incoming or outgoing shipments against the order documentation.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Prepare shipments for commercial conveyance; selects appropriate shipping container; pack items to ensure safe delivery.
- Inspects shipment for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor.
- Distribute incoming shipments according to established procedures.
- Maintain stock inventory and warehouse in a safe, clean and orderly condition; participate in warehouse inventory.
- Unloading of trucks, opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area.
- Occasional “off-hours” work (early morning, evenings and/or weekend work) when required due to business needs.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED along with six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work 9am-6pm.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. of weight consistently over extended periods of time.