New York, NY
- Job Level:
Operations Assistant is responsible for collecting and arranging a printed work’s contents and preparing the product for actual distribution. They perform administrative and office support activities for multiple departments. This position provides all necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks.
- Prepares templates for print.
- Collates pages and prepares books for binding.
- Opens and closes reception area (as needed).
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail.
- Operates various print and bindery machines.
- Reports daily activities to Operations Coordinator.
- Loads printing and binding machines, assisted by machinery.
- Professional appearance, customer- service- driven, and punctual.
- Must attend Annual Awareness Training (Interactive Sexual Harassment Training as governed mandated by New York State and New York City).
- Back up Front Desk Receptionist.
- Support staff in assigned project- based work.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Able to spot mistakes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some college preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
- Prior printing and bindery experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written).
- Ability to excel at details, multi-tasking, and working under pressure.
- Minimum one 1 year of office administrative support experience is preferred.