Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
Formulation Chemist needed for a direct hire in Englewood, NJ. As the Formulation Chemist, your role is to work with the Technical Team to support the Internal Branded Development program through design and creativity in order to achieve raw material development goals. Candidate will utilize knowledge and experience from formulation background in order to aid in the conceptualization of new innovative raw materials and see the R&D process from formulation creation through manufacturing launch.
- Candidate will work in a team-oriented environment with strong collaboration with the technology development team.
- This candidate will have strong personal/communication skills, as this role will interact with several internal departments and various external vendors.
- Formulates and makes batches on the bench to develop products, formula specifications and processes.
- Responsible for aiding in the creative idea generation, raw material sourcing, development, and scale-up of new products.
- Experience or thorough knowledge with scale-up, piloting, and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of the product development process and what it takes to progress from idea to launch.
- Participates in the transfer of technology from laboratory to production and interfacing with production.
- Performs technical assessment of new, innovative raw materials and for solutions to technical problems.
- Creatively develop technical methodologies and out of the box thinking for illustrating proof of concept.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations on independent research projects.
- Can use experimental design and data analysis in development and preparation of specifications.
- Driven self-starter able to handle challenging technical/business needs and opportunities as well as excellent team work skills.
- BS in chemistry or related science with 5+ years experience of emulsion formulating; developing raw materials, process engineering, and manufacturing capabilities is a plus
Experience & Skills Required
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working in a collaborative environment that can multi-task.
- Proficiency with operating the following instrumentation: viscometer, pH meter, homogenizer, centrifuge, and microscope.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Driven, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some travel required.