Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
The General Healthcare Recruiter will provide support for system-wide needs related to general recruitment, including and not limited to allied health, nursing, labs, hard to recruit administrative and operations positions.
- Conducts the recruitment sourcing process for allied health, nursing, social work, labs, hard to recruit administrative and operations positions.
- Shares qualified applicants with hiring managers and HR staff throughout the system.
- Assist with developing and implementing strategies for sourcing, such as prepare content for social media (i.e. nurses’ week job advertising, flyers).
- Leverage LinkedIn and other tools to post ads and seek out passive and active candidates.
- Work closely with various hiring managers to obtain status of recruitment efforts.
- Track all campaigns (positions) to maintain pipeline of requisitions being actively sourced.
- Assist with career fair planning and efforts.
- Partners with managers and/or HR Professionals, to evaluate, develop, and implement effective recruitment strategies and processes to attract qualified candidates to the organization.
- Ensures candidate’s background meets requirements on job descriptions by screening applications and resumes prior to submitting to hiring managers and/or HR managers.
- Assists in recruiting standardization efforts.
- Serves as point of contact for third party Recruiting Vendor agencies, on day to day recruiting needs.
- Researches online resources related to sourcing tools.
- Works with advertising agencies to post hard to recruit vacancies on 3rd party websites, as needed.
- Maintains confidential HR files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or similar.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of staffing/recruitment experience in a similar role within a large health care system.
- Experience/knowledge of full cycle recruitment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Recruiter tools (ie. LinkedIn, Monster and others), applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and team-based project experience.
- In depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures, regulatory standards (TJC), and federal and New York state laws regarding employment practices.
- Strong time and people management skills.