Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
The Quality Specialist will ensure accurate and relevant documentation of all manufacturing and supporting procedures with the main objective of simplifying and improving workflows. The ideal candidate for this position will not only be able to generate new instructions from input through output, but also be able to simplify existing documentation so that employees are able to be more efficient in their day-to-day tasks. High quality work and collaboration across various departments is a must.
The Quality Specialist is part of the Quality Department and reports to the Quality Manager and bears full responsibility for agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Design and develop new main procedures/instructions in support of each business unit within the company.
- Develop a methodology for easier access and understanding for employees of how to find information within the documentation portal.
- Facility gap-analysis sessions to assess areas of improvement and communicate to those accountable for implementation and execution.
- Responsible for generating and executing on all aspects of flowcharting and work documents, including training assistance for identified stakeholders.
- Communicate, and release with approvals, any new or changed documentation.
- Assist lead auditor in the recurring departmental audits while continuously maintaining key documentation databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related technical field.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum five years prior experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams, and committees in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated persuasive and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated proficient use of commonly used flowcharting tools (experience with iGrafx a plus).
- The travel requirements for this position are approximately 15%.