Fort Lee, NJ
Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
$75,000 - $95,000
We are seeking an innovative Formulation Chemist with experience supporting the personal care and beauty industries for a key contributor role expediting the development process. The Formulation Chemist will be supporting new R&D initiatives, contributing to innovation, conceptualization and leading development from the ground up with an emphasis on the innovative use of raw materials, active and functional ingredients.
Our client is a leader committed to advancing innovation in the Personal Care and Beauty industry.
- Participate as a team member to generate new research ideas.
- Understand the product development process from concept to commercial launch.
- Utilize experimental design and data analysis techniques to determine specifications.
- Source raw materials; perform technical assessment of new, innovative raw materials and for solutions to technical problems.
- Creatively develop technical methodologies and out of the box thinking for illustrating proof of concept.
- Execute development of product from concept through scale-up.
- Formulation and preparation of bench scale batches.
- Participate in scale-up and transfer of technology from laboratory to production and interfacing with production.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations on independent research projects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Cosmetic Science (or related science).
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-8 years of experience formulating emulsion based products, and/or developing raw materials
- A positive, can-do attitude is a must for this role – we’re looking for a go-getter who wants to step into a key-contributor role with the ability to influence innovation and grow in the company!
- Independent thinker capable of working in a collaborative environment with excellent multi-tasking abilities and abilities to prioritize activities.
- Driven self-starter able to handle challenging technical/business needs to meet individual and team goals.
- Strong personal/communication skills, ability to interact with internal departments, external vendors and customers.
- Technical expertise and ability to safely utilize laboratory equipment including: viscometer, pH meter, homogenizer, centrifuge, and microscope.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Driven, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some travel required.