Meditech Systems Analyst
- Job Level:
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00
We are currently seeking a Meditech Systems Analyst to collaborate with department leadership, OCIO, clinical and service line staff in providing systems analysis, design, programming and database support to the assigned hospital, practice and/or research projects. The Meditech Systems Analyst leads, guides and trains lower level analysts, and monitors the status of assigned projects, adhering to Health System and departmental policies and procedures and The Joint Commission regulatory agency requirements.
- Collaborates with client and project team members to develop specifications of data management systems (including scientific and statistical metrics, as necessary) for assigned project.
- Determines work schedule, time frames and budget proposals required to complete and implement project tasks.
- Writes computer program specifications and uses program packages to develop data management applications for assigned projects. Programs database structure and attributes according to specifications; sets up required data files, screens, reports, and macros.
- Sets up required data management quality assurance systems to track data flow and maintain data quality.
- Manages assigned databases; identifies and troubleshoots software problems; documents all programming and maintains Standard Operating Practices for the department.
- Documents all software issues, solutions, and outcomes for future reference.
- Implements vendor system enhancements and customer programs, as necessary.
- Leads, guides, and trains lower level programmers/analysts and ensures accuracy of data entry. Monitors progress of subordinates on assigned projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Financial Management or related field, required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of five (5) years programming/systems experience, required.
- Experience with clinical systems, physician practices, revenue, patient management and/or billing systems, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and third party regulations, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, required.