- Job Level:
$85,000 - $90,000
Up and coming company in Stamford, CT is hiring a Senior Accountant. The firm has an emphasis on culture and values and a casual environment where you can both work and play hard. The staff takes frequent trips, has parties, and does volunteer work in the area. This is an excellent next step in your career for someone who is in an entry or junior level role currently. The location is short walk from the train and easily commutable.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
Experience & Skills Required
- 4+ years of experience.
- MBA preferred, CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience.
- Strong MS Office skills