- Job Level:
$18.00 - $20.00/hr.
The HR Services Coordinator will provide operational support to the Human Resources Services Team and is accountable for ensuring all employee, managers, and HR team inquiries related to benefits, payroll and HRIS are accurately addressed in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain employee data in the system of record, including entering new hires, updating organizational structure changes, job title changes, salary increases.
- Handle back-end process for terminations, such as terminating out of systems and processing separation paperwork.
- Audit changes entered by others.
- Work collaboratively with other HR teams as well as multiple other business units (our internal customers).
- Respond to employee questions sent to HR about benefits, PTO accruals, address changes, etc.
- Create and maintain employee files.
- Review candidate documentation and run background checks.
- Work with Payroll team to ensure new hires are paid according to their start dates, receive any relocation/signing bonuses, and are set up correctly for deduction of taxes.
- Ensure compliance with the I-9 process, including E-verify.
- Conduct employment verifications and handle unemployment claims.
- General administrative work such as handling employee accommodations and leaves.
- Generate reports for analytics and auditing purposes.
- Continuously look for better ways to do things, partner with HRBPs and other teams to improve processes.
- Participate in testing for enhancements to the HR systems
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a Human Resources or similar support role. INTERNSHIPS are OK.
- Working knowledge of HR systems, benefits plans and payroll processes required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience working in a distributed team environment across different locations.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Able to work effectively in an open, highly energetic environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Communication: Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Adaptable: Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize
- Client Service Orientation: develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external clients. Proven ability to understand clients’ needs and develop the appropriate solutions
- Confidentiality: Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Decision & Problem Solving: Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Independent worker: High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary
- Interpersonal skills: Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and the general public
- Organization & Detail Oriented: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Teamwork: Works well in a team environment, actively contributes to the success of the group
- Working under pressure: Poised, works well under pressure and accomplishing short- and long-term deadlines with a heavy workload.