Long Term Contract
Lighting / Other Fixture Manufacturing
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant who will report to the Corporate Controller and be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial reporting environment in both the general ledger and consolidation systems as well as its supplemental products.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Compare actual financial performance against prior year, budget and forecasted results and provide meaningful explanations of fluctuations / discrepancies
- Document accounting and finance processes and assist in the development or enhancement of accounting policies
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, daily cash reports, and review bank activity for accuracy
- Provide support for Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules; provide monthly detail to the Senior Accountant for journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting systems, processes, metrics, and reporting
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting, is required
Experience & Skills Required
- 2-4 years of related accounting/finance experience, CPA a plus
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Strong knowledge of GAAP including experience in the preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of accounting ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).