- Job Level:
Our client is an amazing healthcare organization caring for the needs of children. They improve a countless number of young lives per year. In an effort to bring progressive life-changingging support to their patients, they are currently in need of an experienced Rehabilitation Technologist. Located in the metro NY area, this role offers the opportunity to be part of the growing Assistive technology team.
- Daily interaction with multiple supervisors, staff, patients, and families.
- Set up and prepare DME for evaluation and treatment.
- Assure all components working, settings and sizing prepared for the patient.
- Liaison and oversight of rehab technicians including:
- Submitting, signing, tracking AT work orders.
- Quality control of work orders with sign off on completed orders.
- Tracking turnaround time frames.
- Assure completion of routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment during patient stay.
- In collaboration with therapist(s) locate and set up equipment for inpatients.
- Work closely with IT for support and software programming and customization needs for AT.
- Responsible for tracking preventive and corrective maintenance and assuring all Assisted technology devices (inclusive of manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, augmentative communication systems, access devices) are maintained in working order.
- Responsible for tracking inventory of Assistive Technology devices.
- Liaison with manufacturers for device repair, upgrades, loans, and demos.
- Collaborative problem-solving with Assistive Technology therapists for innovation and unique solutions.
- Responsible for staying current with knowledge of available products – both in-house and on the market.
- Participate in data collection and analysis for research and outcomes related to Assistive Technology.
- Post-discharge follow-up and patient/family support.
- Knowledge of wheelchair electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting of adaptive equipment.
- Proficiency with hospital and department specific software programs.
- Demonstrates safe working knowledge in proper use of hand and power tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in engineering (mechanical, biomedical or related) with specialization in health and rehabilitation sciences preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Knowledge of principles of design, ergonomics, biomechanics, mechanical and electrical systems, material sciences, and life sciences.
- Understanding of functional capabilities of people with disabilities.
- New graduates welcome.
- 3-5 years’ experience in assistive technology related position preferred.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Requires the physical ability to lift heavy items, pull, push, reach, carry, bend, crouch, stoop and balance patients and equipment from light to heavyweight.