The telecommunication analyst designs, maintains and enhances telecommunication networks, systems and equipment; analyzes existing databases and identifies opportunities for improvement. Assists in the development of solutions that meet business requirements of the Medical Center and acts as a central service contact, providing technical support remotely and onsite.
- Handles requests for reports, changes in stations and call center configurations.
- Conducts needs analysis and adequacy reviews to determine requirements.
- Rapidly formulates and executes translation changes.
- Maintains written documentation.
- Exports system data, writes programming code required to translate data into spreadsheets, workbooks, and visual presentation aids.
- Runs and reviews reports including CDR, ACD, and custom reports confirming the effectiveness of changes.
- Periodically analyzes reports to identify exceptions and anomalies.
- Able to handle advanced scripting tasks and Enterprise communication environment application driven programming (i.e. Avaya Breeze).
- Attends specialized training and becomes proficient specific SDK implementations as required by various business workflows.
- Installs, maintains and supports telecom endpoints, wiring, and system software.
- Uses Avaya programs to configure and troubleshoot endpoints and servers.
- Regularly Performs testing of new feature functionality.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Plans, coordinates, performs, and tracks implementation tasks, moves, and other changes.
- Performs research and provides technical advice to project managers and team members improving the team technical abilities and knowledge.
- Problem solves - works with internal and external sources to implement and test voice applications, transmissions, network routing etc.
- Identifies, evaluates and finds solutions to technical problems.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, and other professional developments activities to remain professionally current with advances in field of expertise.
- Travels to off-site locations as required.
- Works promptly in urgent situations and is prepared to handle interruptions of service 24x7.
- Shares on-call duties with other team members, respond timely and appropriately.
- Escalates as needed and communicates effectively with end users and support center personnel.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of Associates degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent professional certification required.
- Experience working with databases and reporting tools.
- Programming, scripting, and handling file downloads and exports.
- Excel visual basic programming skills desired.
- Preferred: 3-5 years as telecom/IT/support technician working on projects from start to finish.
- Working knowledge of Avaya Aura Communication Manager and Session Manager is a plus.
- Call center management, programming, and reporting.