Senior Cost Accountant
Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
Large luxury Manufacturing accessories company is seeking a highly motivated individual to join their accounting team where you will be responsible for understanding the business in the present and supporting growth in the future. The Senior Cost Accountant will maintain, review, and analyze general ledger, cost accounting standards, production financial statements, and inventory data.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a quick learner who can manage, prioritize, and adapt in an evolving fast-paced work environment. They will have a strong work ethic and are able to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. A successful candidate will also possess strong analytical skills, a well-rounded understanding of financial statements and enjoys solving business problems. This role reports to the VP, Finance.
- Track, forecast, and analyze variance of COGs and labor spending across supply chain.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, and perform balance sheet and expense analysis.
- Perform other month end close and reporting duties, including accruals, journal entries, and budget to actual overhead analysis.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Review and analyzes inventory and variance reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and weekly/monthly management reporting packages.
- Compile information to be used in preparing annual operating budgets.
- Assist managers with monthly forecasts.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
- Prepare weekly and monthly schedules for management.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business or any relevant field
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of related experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compiles, analyze and interpret data
- ERP/Oracle experience
- Strong understanding of Standard Cost models (direct material BOM calculation, direct labor routings, overhead application)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with multiple departments and multiple levels in the organization