New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$13.00 - $15.00/hr.
We are seeking an energetic entry level Laboratory Technician for a bench level solutions preparation role. This position will be responsible for preparing bench to production scale reference standards and stock solutions to support calibration and research efforts in a variety of research and production laboratory operations.
Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer supplying materials globally to leading commercial, municipal and academic institutions.
- Prepare routine and non-routine stock solution and reference standards in accordance with established SOP’s.
- Accurately calculate solution concentration (ppm, ppb, molarity, normality, % volume), calculate and perform dilutions of stock solutions as required.
- Maintain excellent documentation records of lot numbers, weight, and measurements.
- Label all raw materials, in process and final materials in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to all labeling and container requirements.
- Respond to internal customer requests, provide support to internal and external customers regarding technical inquiries and assist with quotes to support sales and marketing.
- Glassware preparation/cleaning and general lab maintenance.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and chemicals, ensure safe storage of chemicals. Stock supplies and label containers of raw materials
- Perform equipment and temperature verifications and log daily, ensure proper working condition and cleanliness of equipment.
- Appropriately dispose of laboratory solid and liquid wastes in accordance with internal policy and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Adhere to all appropriate PPE and safety protocols.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
- BS degree OR prior college-level laboratory courses and related lab experience
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent math skills and ability to calculate solution concentrations.
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.