Business Intelligence Engineer
- Job Level:
$100,000 - $115,000
The Business Intelligence Developer is an expert in supporting Business Intelligence Projects and is responsible for business intelligence solutions, including reports, dashboards, and other data views to meet the needs of customers for various data sources. Works with internal customers to satisfy requests and works with clinical and financial source systems to abstract datasets to satisfy various data analysis. Has strong familiarity with Electronic Health Records. The Developer will assure compliance with software development policies and will communicate activities to project resources and senior management.
- Under the supervision of the Budget Director, the Developer uses data extraction, transformation, analytic and presentation skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAS, SQL or other software tools to prepare and present analyses related to healthcare services utilization, EHRs, and other data pertinent to the enterprise.
- Configures Emeasures into CPM.
- Works with members of the Clinical application teams to support analyses prepared by the teams, cross-checking and contributing to team processes.
- Works with team members to test data in appropriate systems (i.e. NextGen Ambulatory Record, SunRise Clinical Manager).
- Prepares and distributes recurring reports.
- Uses Business Intelligence tools to create data extracts and reports and conducts basic statistical analyses.
- Writes summary documents and reports.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports as required by hospital management
- Attends departmental meetings and cross-functional departmental meetings as required.
- Develop and monitor clinical performance metrics and trends.
- A four year college degree. Professional licensure, is preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have knowledge of the following technologies: SharePoint, SQL Reporting, Microsoft Integration, and Analysis Services.
- Knowledge of programming language in the .NET framework is a plus. Must have the following skills: ETL, Data Warehousing, Predictive Analytics, Quantitative Analysis.
- Ability to create charts, graphs, and/or slides using Excel, PowerPoint, or Visio
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication and ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Knowledge of programming languages –SQL, VBA or other language
- Skilled use of other analytic packages such as SAS, SPSS
- Advanced spreadsheet or DBMS experience
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools a plus