- Job Level:
$40,000 - $44,000
The Accountant functions in a line capacity performing general and specialized accounting work under the direction of the Accounting Manager.
- Analyze fiscal trends and patterns within the scope of their assigned area and report any unusual or divergent patterns to their supervisor
- Posting to the general and any subsidiary ledgers
- Ensures that there all ledgers are reconciled and analyzed.
- Analyzes/audits monthly postings to ensure accuracy.
- Meeting deadlines regarding monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Ensure contract compliance in detailing restricted funds as required through internal procedure
- May be responsible for the preparation of regular internal or external financial reports as directed by their supervisor
Experience & Skills Required
- 1+ year accounting experience, internship experience acceptable
- Strong MS Excel skills