New Haven, CT
Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$76,000 - $100,000
We are seeking a well experienced Organic Chemist for a leadership role in an established specialty chemical company. This position will be responsible for synthesizing high purity compounds for specialty applications, independently research new products, and develop synthetic routes including novel techniques. Additional responsibilities will include analysis of organic compounds, to determine chemical/physical properties composition, structure, relationships, and reactions.
Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer supplying materials globally to leading commercial, municipal and academic institutions.
- Research and devise synthetic routes for the cost effective production of novel high purity chemical compounds
- Production of bench scale and support of scale up activities
- Characterization of chemical and physical properties of materials
- Documentation of methods in SOP’s
- Support customer requests as subject matter expert and collaborate with internal management to support new projects and customer requests
- Appropriately dispose of laboratory solid and liquid wastes in accordance with internal policy and Federal, State and local regulations. Adhere to all appropriate PPE and safety protocols. Maintain clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
- PhD Chemist OR Organic Chemistry preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a busy lab-scale production environment.
- Demonstrated success working in a team and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities
- Strong commitment to project success and cost effective business solutions