- Develop leadership at the non-exempt level through training, support, and coaching.
- Ensure plant safety and regulatory compliance as it pertains to manufacturing activities.
- Select, train, and supervise a staff of approximately 30 team members.
- Delegates duties appropriately to direct reports
- Coordinate plant activities with peers and staff from other departments.
- Ensure production schedule adherence and adjusts as required to meet on-time delivery – backs up scheduler/planner.
- Previous work experience operating under ISO-9000, TTB, and GMP standards, ensures work instructions and standard operating procedures are accurate and up to date.
- Establish and maintain standards of performance within the manufacturing department. Provides timely and accurate feedback and support to direct reports, motivates and develops the Production team to their highest potential.
- Engage in strategic planning to maintain and improve lean manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrate a passion for plant performance and takes full ownership of the job and strives for personal development, effectiveness, and continuous improvement.
Experience & Skills Required
- GMP experience
- 5-10 Years Packaging Industry experience preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily and respond decisively
- Team builder with an unrelenting drive for continuous improvement
- Scheduler/planning experience
- Strong computer skills specifically MS Excel