OBGYN – Perinatal Systems Analyst
White Plains, NY
Information Technology Services
- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced OBGYN / Perinatal Systems Analyst. Our client is implementing Epic EHR for clinical and patient financial activity as well as consolidating ancillary core systems at their affiliated hospitals. This project supports their strategic initiative to more closely integrate members and provide more advanced and better-coordinated care to patients in the region.
As part of this expansion, they are seeking an OBGYN / Perinatal Systems Analyst who will use his/her extensive knowledge of the client’s clinical or business requirements, application capabilities, and his/her technical skills to implement and support applications. The Application Analyst is responsible for the implementation of new applications, upgrades, and modifications to existing systems and assisting in the coordination of these efforts. The Application Analyst is also responsible for the application configuration, go-live support, and on-going client support. He/she works on multiple projects concurrently. The Application Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Install new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications. Configure application settings and validate configurations performed by Application Analysts.
- Define go-live and rollout support schedule. Assist in the coordination of field support activities. Provide go-live and rollout support.
- Support users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversee analysis of necessary application modifications and work with the appropriate IT associate or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Provide advanced application troubleshooting support for the application(s).
- Resolve critical issues independently as necessary. Forward issues to the correct group for remediation, or elevate it to the vendor if required.
- Review Application Analysts’ resolutions and solutions for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of the users:
- Analyze business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interpret end user requirements, by fully discussing potential options, and help client move towards optimal solution.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of the system to reveal potential issues related to user requests.
- Evaluate the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Create system specifications from user requirements.
- Create test plans and test new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Document all outcomes of testing. Review Application Analyst’s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Design database queries and create reports utilizing a report-writing tool.
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, and support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior experience implementing AS OBGYN & CPN systems are desired.
- Knowledge of OB/GYN workflows.
- Application/System implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience.
- Full life cycle of implementation with go-live support experience.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Knowledge of clinical area or business area to be supported.
- Programming or other technical skills beneficial.
- Experience dealing with end users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
- Presentation skills.
- User and vendor interaction.