- Job Level:
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant for an opportunity in Parsippany, NJ.
- Purchasing / Inventory / Accounts Payable Functions
- Enter / edit purchase orders in AS400 computer system.
- Email purchase orders to domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Follow up for supplier acknowledgment and supplier shipping schedules.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding open orders and shipping schedules.
- Work with various Excel documents to keep track of supplier schedules and shipments.
- Communicate with freight forwarder regarding all shipping documents and import/delivery schedules.
- Enter inventory transactions (e.g. Receiving, Issue Out, Scrap, etc.).
- Enter new items into inventory system.
- Enter supplier invoices in to Accounts Payable.
- Track advance payments made to overseas suppliers.
- Run various reports from the AS400 computer system.
- Customer Service Functions
- Enter / edit various customer orders into AS400 computer system.
- Enter customer invoices into Accounts Receivable.
- Sort incoming mail and place in employee mail folders.
- Stamp outgoing mail.
- Assist with answering incoming phone calls. Take messages, transfer to service extension, etc.
- General copying and filing responsibilities.
- Occasionally assist other departments with various tasks
- Minimum two year college degree
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior work experience in an office environment
- Experience in Purchasing, Customer Service, and/or Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook and Excel
- Able to effectively and efficiently multitask
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language
- Prior experience in Supplier Management and/or Import a plus
- Prior experience with AS400 computer system a plus
- Ability to communicate in Chinese a plus