- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical equipment of GC, HPLC, IC, and GC-MS in a fast-paced lab environment.
- Perform analytical procedures such as ICP, AA, XRF, acid digestion, titration, etc. to support QC/QA analyses in the main lab by following established SOPs.
- Develop and validate new analytical methods, establish new SOPs based on GC, HPLC, IC, and GC-MS instruments, ensure analytical methods are fully tested for ruggedness, with minimal supervision.
- Assist in reviewing and revising obsolete wet chemistry and GC/HPLC methods, and to upgrade/develop methods from scratch to equipment scouting and acquisition, until laboratory validation and documentation per ASTM method format.
- Maintain an orderly and safe workplace even alone.
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical chemistry, critical thinking, self-initiative, and teamwork.
- Must have successful experiences on issued SOPs and/or analytical methods.
- Skills in making gas blends from gas cylinders, and skills in gas sampling and handling, are highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills are necessary.
- Detail-oriented – producing consistent and accurate results.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Available to work on a 12-hour work schedule.
- Experiences in a petrochemical lab environment is a plus.