- Job Level:
Exciting opportunity for an experienced forward-thinking and passionate Manufacturing Engineer to join a team dedicated and committed to implementing world-class manufacturing methods and processes, including collaborative robotics, unattended machining, and custom design solutions.
- Commercial Product Line technical liaison partnering with supervision and supporting the production cells.
- Participate as the manufacturing liaison during new product introduction (NPI) concurrent engineering activities, ensuring optimal manufacturability
- Develop manufacturing methods
- Design tools and fixtures
- Provide new product labor estimates for pricing efforts
- Lead lean initiatives in the assigned production area, including applicable Six Sigma tools for process optimization
- Effectively analyze cost drivers within product and process designs for the purpose of elimination of waste, continuous improvement, and productivity initiatives
- Lead preliminary material review (PMR) efforts in the assigned production area, providing for timely disposition on all non-conformances
- Team with quality engineering and production to determine the root cause of non- conformances providing for a robust and sustainable corrective action plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a production environment with electro-mechanical assemblies which includes experience with CAD Systems and designing production fixtures and tooling
- At least 3 years’ experience with CAD system – CREO preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience designing production fixtures and tooling
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide corrective solutions
- Customer-focused change agent with a demonstrated sense of urgency
- Able to work in a team environment to achieve desired results