• Coordinate all industrial hygiene and employee health testing; maintain records and notify employees of test results.
• Coordinate, develop and promote employee wellness programs.
• Maintain interface with employees, doctor and Worker’s Compensation on work related injuries in conjunction with People & Culture.
• Coordinate issues and procedures that are related to Connecticut Workers Compensation.
• Develop, implement, and communicate policies and establish goals to assist in meeting the requirements of corporate and governmental standards including OSHA and EPA.
• Provide safety training to all employees and contractors. Maintain training records.
• Perform periodic facility inspections, prepare necessary corporate and business unit safety reports and report results to
• Organize activities of Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes, and action item follow-up.
• Interface with local, state, and federal agency representatives on all compliance issues for Connecticut and Kentucky manufacturing facilities.
• Perform ergonomic analysis, risk assessments, and workplace hazard analyses for all warehouse and production operations.
• Manage contractor safety and supervise non-routine work.
• Review all incident reports and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
• Maintain and ensure site security program is compliant with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) regulations as well as state and local requirements for first responders.
Participate in all corporate safety committees and activities. Complete all corporate safety reporting.
• Organize and lead Emergency Response Teams.
• Facilitate Emergency Response Plan preparedness and conduct fire drills as required.
• Perform and document Job Safety Analysis for required tasks.
• Manage Safety Data Sheet program including generation of new SDS’s.
Environmental Compliance :
• Interface with all federal, state and local environmental authorities.
• Coordinate all required environmental training for all employees of Greenfield Global USA.
• Ensure Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Railroad Administration requirements are met by ensuring proper containers, labels, and transportation regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Monitor and oversee all federal, state and local environmental regulatory compliance plans and reporting