Financial Administrative Assistant
Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
HumanEdge has partnered with a Legal Services client to hire an experienced Fiscal Administrative Assistant for a long term contract assignment in New York City. The employee will perform accounts payable work and provide other support as needed to the Fiscal Unit. Please see below for additional details and responsibilities of the position!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process payment vouchers and post journal entries using the Financial Management System (FMS3) and internal systems (QuickBooks).
- Act as a liaison between the fiscal and purchasing units.
- Troubleshoot potential issues and help improve processing of invoices.
- Responsible for quality control:
- Ensure invoices are properly supported with back-up documentation, review procurement documents to determine validity of items being invoiced, review calculations of items being invoiced, and timely and correctly process payments using funds allocated for specific purchase order and project.
- Track funds expended for grants and projects; provide quarterly copies of vouchers/invoices to the Budget Analyst for grant reimbursement package.
- Support internal/external audits.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong mathematical skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
- Ability to learn, update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting, economics, business administration or a related-field preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
- Familiar with Financial Management System (FMS).