Long Term Contract
- Job Level:
HumanEdge has partnered with a local transportation services company to hire a Project Accountant for a long-term contract assignment in Newark, NJ.
- Reviews and recommends approval of project budgets, purchase and check requisitions. responsible for receipting of departmental invoices to allow timely payment to vendors.
- Provides day-to-day counsel to project managers on all internal/external funding aspects that may affect the project.
- Works with project managers to develop justification required for certain budget revisions.
- Uses knowledge of individual projects scopes, schedules and cash flow projections to scrutinize projects through the eyes of the funding agencies.
- Provides early warning of budget overruns and allows corrective action.
- Performs functions during grant closeout process by checking compatibility between budgets, costs and grant award, and corrects irregularities.
- Assists Manager, Project Administration Capital and Financial Control and Reconciliation in tracking funds management and administration of all grants received annually from the federal and state governments.
Experience & Skills Required
A successful candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years in project management or project administration capital, financial control and reconciliation.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel/Lotus, Access, Word/Word Perfect required.
- Working knowledge of financial systems such as CPAS.
- One year of closely related experience can be substituted for each year of education required.