HumanEdge has partnered with a busy, growing non-profit organization in the West Palm Beach, FL area to hire an Event Administrator to assist in managing membership events for donors and annual events!
This is a direct hire opportunity reporting to the Director, Fundraising and Special Events in the Planning and Development Department. The Events Administrator will support the special events department as a whole and will participate in the department’s other events including major fundraising galas as well as additional events per year.
- Book event venues and book entertainment and/or secure performance tickets.
- Write text, communicate design direction, and assist in the editing and review process of all event materials including but not limited to: event fact sheets, reply forms, solicitation letters, save-the-dates, invitations, events journals, or programs.
- Manage event mailings and coordinate and track follow-up to confirm support.
- Facilitate data entry of event responses and track event income.
- Compile and maintain guest lists for all prep meetings and actual events.
- Develop and maintain event budgets and prepare financial reports.
- Secure bills from all outside vendors for review and payment.
- Coordinate production meetings with caterers, event designers and venue contacts
- Manage contracts with venues, vendors, and artists.
- With guidance, work with caterers and florists to plan menus and event design concepts.
- Provide on-site management of events ( including managing volunteers).
- Working with the Senior Director to coordinate table assignments and venue seating.
- Assist with grant writing, research and grant requests.
- Provide additional support to the special events team and Planning and Development team as needed.
- Coordinate and manage newsletters.
- Maintain and update website and social media.
- Provide general Administrative support and projects as needed.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of events experience at a nonprofit or cultural institution, with a focus on fundraising and development.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; database experience and comfort working with various systems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with strong prioritization instincts.
- Superb interpersonal skills and commitment to donor experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many projects simultaneously and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent flexibility and collaborative nature
- Strong results orientation and an ability to take initiative.
- Must be able to work evening events approximately plus weekends when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.