The Senior Project Manager is accountable for managing multiple large, complex enterprise-wide projects and programs. The role is responsible for managing the execution of strategic and tactical projects as they pertain to the design, planning, testing, implementation, and integration in a rapidly evolving IT environment. This individual will utilize Hospital’s standard project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhere to customer expectations.
The Senior Project Managers will be responsible for achieving project objectives and overseeing quality control for Information Services projects throughout their entire life-cycle. Additionally, the Senior Project Managers will be active participants on the IS PMO, assisting with resource planning and ensuring the IS standard project methodologies are being followed throughout IS.
- Plans, manages and leads the development of complex projects including but not limited to: charters, scopes, goals, schedules, resource allocations, budget estimates, return-on-investment (ROI), risk management, training requirements, regulatory requirements, deliverables, and other project-related documentation.
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of assigned projects
- Documents and maintains a standard project management methodology which references the Project Management Institutes (PMI) Guide to Project Management
- Works in conjunction with team members, stakeholders, and vendors to anticipate and manage changes to projects in order to achieve stated goals of projects.
- Understands basic revenue models and cost-to-completion projections and aligns project decisions accordingly.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, and utilization.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Established and manages project expectations and responsibilities.
- Holds the project team accountable.
- Recommends alternative solutions and streamlines current processes and improves efficiency through better utilization of application functionality.
- Ensures project turn-over documentation is completed and staff/users understand how to operate the implemented system. Includes but not limited to: tables; files; ongoing maintenance procedures, backup/restore, and disaster recovery.
- Provides great customer service to all departments.
- Investigates and resolves project problems in a timely manner in order to maintain project integrity.
- Acts as a champion for user departments as well as a liaison between the end-user and the vendor.
- Identifies and recommends end-user and technical support training requirements.
- Minimizes organizational and departmental exposure and risk across all projects.
- Manages scope and dependencies of assigned projects to ensure critical path success.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts in a timely manner.
- Tracks and documents project progress using Industry Standard methodology and tools.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Demonstrates leadership in order to influence them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Conducts project post mortems and create recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. Applies what’s learned to subsequent projects.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Demonstrates professional work behavior by following Service Standards and Success factors.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science or related field of study.
- At least 10 years of Project Management experience (8 years project in Healthcare).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred but not required