Data Analyst – Patient Experience
- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00
The primary role of the Patient Experience Data Analyst is to provide data management and analytic support for projects performed by the Network Performance Group in partnership with other clinical and non-clinical departments. The goal of the projects will be to improve the quality of care, patients' satisfaction with their care, and MMC's performance on the HCACHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) survey.
- The Patient Experience Data Analyst will be responsible for continuous monitoring of data quality and interact with MMC's MIT department and relevant vendors to identify and resolve all data related issues.
- The position is hands-on and will provide the necessary data and analytic support for various quality improvement and research projects, and as necessary, will provide regular reporting for ongoing performance monitoring activities, prepare sections of IRB applications as they pertain to data source, data quality, and management, and will perform literature searches to build understanding of evidence base in the area of patient experience.
Master's Degree required.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3 - 5 years of experience in data analysis, data mining or analytics in healthcare-related fields
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with EMR/Clinical databases and clinical or enterprise data warehouses as data or software analyst
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with and optimizing SQL queries and relational database schemas
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Strong analytic skills and experience in basic statistical analyses using statistical software (Stata preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Experience in clinical informatics and clinical terminologies (ICD9-10, LOINC, CPT, etc)
- Experience working with Epic EMR and associated data repositories
- Experience working with various types of health care data
- Some experience supporting quality improvement or research projects