Point-Of-Sale / Electronic Retail Systems
- Job Level:
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized bookkeeper to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing the finances of our business, including creating financial transactions and generating relevant reports. You will also collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure accuracy of financial transactions.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue customer invoices
- Process credit card payment from customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the US and Canadian government
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements
- Assemble information for external CPA and auditors
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Collaborate with customer service department as requested
- Maintain fixed assets list
- Process expense reports, verifying receipts, and petty cash reconciliations.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of an associate degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with accounting software SAGE a plus.
- Data entry experience.