New York, NY
- Job Level:
$28.00 - $33.00/hr
Legal Proofreader needed for a direct-hire position in New York City for a local legal services firm.
- Produce a wide variety of documents such as financial documents, correspondence, reports, presentations, and charts
- Create, revise and print documents utilizing computer system software, macros, templates, and standard forms
- Work one-on-one with lawyers on special projects that need specific instruction
- Convert documents from various applications to requested applications
- Provide word-processing assistance at satellite word processing centers on every practice floor
- Utilize application skills to provide support in person or over the telephone to users who need application assistance
- Transcribe and type dictation to produce a variety of legal documents as requested for lawyers
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, legal or financial preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience & Skills Required
- Possess strong knowledge of word processing fundamentals and understand computer applications in accordance with firm standards
- Ability to properly utilize and apply all advanced functions of applications such as MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a computer, multifunction devices (print/copy/scan/fax), and dictation transcription equipment
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet manner
- Ensure confidentiality of all the Firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and staff, demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude