Mean Stack Developer
Computer / Software Retail
- Job Level:
$115,000 - $120,000
We are seeking a full-stack web developer. This position will require strong experience in hands-on development and will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will work closely with the product team to understand requirements and business specifications around Portfolio Management, Trading, Analytics, and Investment Accounting.
This position will work as part of a larger development team focused on driving innovation across the enterprise platform for the Institutional & Investment Management division. Write top notch code in a multi-tiered multi-threaded environment. Attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
Headquartered in Windsor, CT and with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, our client, a GROWING leader that provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, business process outsourcing (BPO) services and application service provider (ASP) solutions. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform the manager on progress of the project, identifying risks early in the process.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements.
- Demonstrate a self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or related degree.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience with REST APIs and Docker. Experience with either Kubernetes or Swarm
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server and MongoDB
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices and design patterns for SaaS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Understanding of microservices architecture and hands-on experience with GraphQL, Swagger, and Kafka
- Familiar with secure software coding techniques
- Experience with 3rd party UI Control tools
- Familiar with Agile-Scrum methodology and practices
- Recent experience within the Financial Industry with a focus on portfolio management, trading, or accounting