- Job Level:
$60,000 - $65,000
Tax Accountant needed for a position in Stamford, CT. Prepare the Company’s consolidated federal corporate income tax return including: Schedule M-3 (book-to-tax) adjustments, Reclassification, and elimination entries, Separate entity and sub-consolidated Pro-forma Forms 1120 and related schedules and work, and General Business tax credits (R&D).
- Gather, consolidate and reconcile state apportionment data.
- Execute audit test programs and document work in detailed, high-quality work papers.
- Prepare federal, state and local tax return extension forms and payments.
- Prepare federal, state and local quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare quarterly federal excise tax return (Form 720).
- Prepare quarterly Commercial Activity Tax return (CAT).
- Assist with the computation of the year-end domestic tax provision.
- Assist with the administration of OneSource tax calendar.
- Assist with the administration and completion of domestic tax audits.
- Assist with compiling data and preparing the bi-annual company presentation.
- Perform various domestic tax projects as assigned.
- Perform research on various tax topics, especially as it relates to the newly enacted Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“TCJA”).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior domestic tax experience preferred.
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.