New York, NY
- Job Level:
$16.00 - $17.00/hr
Editorial Assistant - Administrative Support
Our client, a well-respected publisher, is in need of an Editorial Assistant to support one of their book divisions.
- Perform administrative and possibly some editorial duties
- Monitor the production schedule and maintain communication with authors, agents, and in some cases author’s management and publicity teams.
- Many authors are high-profile/public figures and thus this position requires discretion and utmost professionalism.
- Creation of emails, memos, and other related items, prepare and respond to routine correspondence.
- Receive and sort all correspondence, make travel arrangements and appointments, maintain and update files and records.
- Assists others in the department as required as this position supports the Editorial Director of Department.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organization skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior internship experience in publishing (specifically editorial) a plus