Quality Inspector – Medical Device
- Job Level:
$20.00 - $28.00
We are seeking an experienced Quality Inspector for a growth-oriented Medical Device company located in NJ. The Quality Inspector will calibrate equipment, conduct physical testing, collect data and document results in accordance with internal quality procedures and external regulations. This full-time, in-house position will report to the Quality Engineer.
Our client is an innovative developer and manufacturer of medical devices supporting orthopedic professionals in their quest to alleviate pain and improve the quality of life for patients.
- Work closely with Quality Engineer to conduct physical testing and quality inspections of raw materials, in-process and final products to ensure compliance with industry, regulatory and internal company standards.
- Read and adhere to quality SOP’s, interpret blueprints/drawings.
- Perform physical testing including dimensional and tolerance testing.
- Successfully complete multi-tasking activities in a high volume ISO 13485 / cGMP manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma, GED, Vocational School or AS degree
Experience & Skills Required
- Medical Device industry experience is required for this role.
- Prior quality and product inspection experience within the medical device industry.
- Skilled at the use of measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment that heavily emphasized quality, performance, cross-training, customer service, and accountability.
- Strong initiative and contribution in correction resolution, and problem-solving of issues.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...)
- Excellent employment references and a stable career history.