Engineering Director And Project Manager
- Job Level:
$175,000+ plus Bonus
We are seeking a well experienced Engineering Director & Project Manager to oversee and coordinate the safe and efficient operation of all necessary building systems within a specialty chemical manufacturing plant with responsibilities for facilities, equipment, and hazardous materials. Core responsibilities include project management, oversight of capital engineering projects and facilities maintenance.
The Plant Engineer will work with indirect supervision to coordinate and control a range of electrical, mechanical, and digital control systems, and effect changes and improvements to systems. The Engineering Director& Project Manager will be responsible for recommending appropriate purchases of supplies and equipment with attention to the most effective and cost saving recommendations. Supervise and manage work assignments of Engineering, technical facilities staff, and contractors. Collaborate with members of the management team, key departments, and staff members.
Our client is a rapidly growing global specialty chemical manufacturer with a technically diverse workforce headquartered in Connecticut.
- Develop and manage project scope consistent with business objectives.
- Identify and align with stakeholders on project objectives, budgets, and constraints.
- Prepare project execution plans and revise as required to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Prepare and update project schedules.
- Develop contingency plans to minimize risk and exposure to budget and schedule.
- Assess resource requirements and ensure proper allocation and responsibility to meet the requirements of all phases of the project.
- Review and approve project deliverables.
- Ensure record copies are complete, current and stored properly.
- Coordinates with site and business to ensure that permitting, hiring, training, mechanical integrity, supply chain-related activities are being conducted to meet overall project objectives.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project and control scope consistent with project objectives.
- Manage and direct activities of engineering contractors as necessary to meet project objectives.
- Oversee all facets of daily physical plant operations, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Coordinate and interacts with external contractors in the installation, commissioning and repairs of building systems.
- Oversee contractors, vendor and supplier relationships; monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; perform quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Respond to inquiries, research and resolve problems; serve as a liaison with other departments in the resolution of day-to-day operational and administrative issues.
- Responsible for development, and performance management of personnel.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in related Technical, Scientific or Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university (advanced degree is highly desirable)
Experience & Skills Required
- Five to ten years of directly related industry experience.
- Knowledge of specialty chemical industry with reactor and hazardous materials experience is a plus.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated success supervising others and delegating work effectively.
- Strong staff development skills, ability to supervise and train staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of local, federal and state codes pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- May require assistance from the Consultant and/or Regulatory Affairs Department.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.