PACS Cardiology Analyst
- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00
The Cardiology PACS Administrator is primarily responsible for Cardiology Network Planning, ancillary applications implementation, and the overall integrity and maintenance of the Cardiology Network and the devices/modalities that operate on it. Oversees and maintains all Hemodynamics and Cardiology imaging software solutions to ensure connectivity and viable access from both inside and outside of the institution. Manages activities related to support and project management of the Cardiology Picture Archive and Communications System.
- Network Manager and various vendor programmers/engineers to troubleshoot issues of an advanced nature providing solutions and guidance as necessary.
- The Cardiology PACS Administrator has administrative rights and privileges to all Cardiology network systems that enable access to patient health information.
- The strictest levels of confidence must be maintained at all times in accordance with Hospital policy, State and Federal law as well as the HIPAA mandates.
- Maintain PACS Configuration and Workflow
- Assures proper configuration of all PACS devices and network partner devices.
- Performs/schedules all hardware and software upgrades in conjunction with the device vendor and I.T. department staff
- Makes global system changes or user account specific changes as needed or requested
- Assures that accounts are created and correct privileges are assigned to the end-users
- Creates individual and generic accounts in accordance with prevailing policy
- Assures workflow program is established, followed and maintained
- Establish/enforce system component maintenance schedule for cleaning and service
- Performs all daily and weekly QA/QC testing on all diagnostic reading workstations as required
- Monitors and maintains any web distribution server(s) and performs all maintenance tasks as recommended by the vendor
- Troubleshoots problems as needed
- Performs database checks in accordance with vendors approved schedule
- Performs corrections, deletions, as needed to patient folders
- Ensures that backups are performed prior to any service needs
- Associates degree in Healthcare Administration or a related field.
Experience & Skills Required
- Knowledge of Cardiology Services, PACS, DICOM 3.0 conformance, modality acquisition devices, and general computer networking systems.
- 3-5 years of experience.